Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shout out to Whimsy Couture

This week is pretty crazy on SYTYC. Theme is "Upcycled" and everyone did great! There are 5 left, with 2 WAY in the lead and the bottom 3 rotating in last place. I am very happy with my craft this week and at peace with "going home" should that happen. I LOVE my next week's craft and will showcase it on here even if I go home, so check back.

I wanted to give a shout out to one of our sponsors, Whimsy Couture, who will be giving 3 ebook patterns to the winner of this season's SYTYC. I was perusing her shop to make a list in case I won (insert laugh here....have you SEEN some of the ladies I am crafting against?). She happened to be having a 50% off sale that ended that evening, and I HAD to get this Mommy and me pillowcase garment pattern for me and Lucy. My girl LOVES to match mommy and this was too perfect. Lucy even helped me pick out the fabric, and said she wanted one part flowers and one part polka dots. I was a little nervous about finding fabric that didn't look too elementary, but I love how these turned out! Last week at Affair of the Heart, a big local craft fair, these were everywhere, for , like, $30 a piece! Whimsy Couture lets you sell all of their patterns in your shop. Hmmm. Enjoy. And, don't forget to vote for your favorite upcycled craft here. Polls close tomorrow at 9 pm.

Lucy and I's pillowcase garments. I made myself the smallest size and then made it even smaller since somehow I cut my width a little small. I will go a size up next time but still love how it turned out!


Lucy's pillowcase dress. How cute is this??


Too cute not to pose, again!


Lucy with her cousin and little bro at Kiddie Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment