Friday, July 29, 2011

Cash Register Doesn't Make Cut: Crafter Voted Off

Here are the polls from this week.
Mine was the cash register. I am "going home."
Poll: Kids Can Do {week 6}
Other crafts were great this week, too. My personal favorite (besides mine) is the sash, because it is hard to sew for boys. Now, let me explain...

I LOVE this cash register. I worked on it most of the week and had a friend come and take photos with her DSLR camera. Then I threw random photos together very haphazardly and failed to properly present it. Both my friend the photographer and my husband called and said, "Why are your photos so small? Why do you have fewer photos than the others? And why didn't you get a close up of the cash register?" They weren't telling me anything I hadn't already asked myself. I NEVER expected to make it to the top 5 so I forgot that at that point the stringent 3 photo only rule had increased to 5 photos. And I don't know why I didn't make them large.

So, without further ado, I bring you, the CASH REGISTER!

BEFORE

AFTER

Chick Fil A buttons

Homeland Apron

Laminated Homeland Coupons and Scanner

Working the register

Chick Fil A apron and buttons

So there ya have it. I love this craft and there is actually a story behind how I found it. The original plan was to find an adding machine that printed receipt paper and I was going to build a drawer under it. Thanks to my husband's perseverence, we continued to go to thrift stores and not give up, and we actually found a real working cash register! Score Score Score!
BTW, thanks so much for voting and I am very thankful for the opportunity to finally participate in SYTYC. It was actually Season 1 of the contest that inspired me to start a craft blog. I still made a craft for next week's theme so stay tuned. It is cheap and quick and amazing!

6 comments:

  1. Your cash register is really neat ... I love the bright colors and the fun details you added. So sorry you ended up out on this round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little baffled at how you didn't win with this way neat project! I really like it and wish my girls had one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so neat that I want to play with it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't make it to the next round. I love this idea and especially the bright colors! Of course, the Chick-Fil-A buttons are pretty sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like yours best. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun for your kids! Good one really.

    ReplyDelete